LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT .. SOME THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU FIND THE PERFECT HOME
It is very easy to fall in love with a home upon entry. Everything seems perfect; It even has that cute little built in bench you have always dreamed of. Before you write your offer, take a moment to think and consider the following:
- Proximity to work or other places you visit daily– Often people say they don’t mind the extra drive to get the house they want, however, this sentiment seems to wear off after a while. Imagine yourself on slick roads in slow moving traffic. Are you still okay with this commute?
- Schools– Do not assume you are able to go to the closest school. Always verify the school catchment areas if you are wanting a particular school.
- Transportation– Do you need to be next to a bus route, LRT, or major freeway? For many out of town workers, a lot of time can be saved by living on the edge of the city closest to the freeway they need. Also, many brand new areas are growing and transit services can be minimal.
- Amenities– Do you have kids and need a park close by? Do you want to live close to stores or entertainment? Is there a gym or rec centre that is easily accessible? Think about what is important to you.
- Child Care or Pet Care– Do you rely on a relative, friend, or particular company to look after your loved ones when you are unavailable? Being close to those that can help, especially in an emergency or on stressful days, is worth considering.
- Is the Home a Good Value?– This is where I can help. As your real estate agent, I present you with a market analysis. Try to look at the data objectively and decide how much you are willing to pay. Make your decision on what makes sense in order to avoid buyers remorse.
I am here to help. Once you have found the perfect home, I can help you take an objective approach to looking at the positives and negatives of the property. Ultimately, the decision is up to you. Happy house hunting!